Thursday, January 23, 2014

Grammar review

Present simple:

The present simple explain actions you are doing normally.
The verb ever  go infinitive.
The present simple use adverb of frequency similar at this:
2 times a week
every three hours
5 days a week
usually

Affirmative
The structure is simple:
Subject+verb infinitive+complements
subject+infinitive+s+complements
The verb to be change form depend the subject:
I am
You are
He/She/It is
We are
They are

In the third person the tense change to this form:

If the verb end with -consonant+y you need to change -y for -i and add -es :
cry-cries
fly-flies
spy-spies
try-tries
If the verb end with -o only add -es:
do-does
go-goes

If the verb end with -s,-ss,-sh,-zz,-ch or -x only add -es:
bus-buses
pass-passes
finish-finishes
vex-vexes
buzz-buzzes
catch-catches

If the verb end with -vowel+y only add -s:
decoy-decoys
employ-employs
spray-sprays
play-plays

Negative
For do the negative you have got two options:
subject+don't+infinitive+complement
subject(third person)+doesn't+infinitive+complements
If the verb you use is to be:
I am not-I'm not
you/we/they are not-you/we/they aren't-you/we/they're not
he/she/it is not-he/she/it isn't-he/she/it's not

If the verb you use is have:
I/you/we/they have not-I/you/we/they haven't-I/you/we/they've not
he/she/it has-he/she/it hasn't-he/she/it's not

If the verb you use is other:
I/you/we/they do not play-I/you/we/they don't play
he/she/it/ does not play-he/she/it doesn't play

Questions
For do the questions we use the verb do and put this after the subject.
do+subject+infinitive+complements
does+subject+infinitive+complements
Do you like this?
Does she buy food?
Do they eat breakfast?



Present continuous

The present continuous use for explain actions in the moment.
The present continuous use Be + the -ing form of another verb.
The present continuous ever have two parts:

Be ( present am, are, is )
And verb ending with -ing

Affirmative
Examples:
Subject+is/are+verb(ing)+complements
Study- We are studying/ We're Studying
Play- You are playing/ You're playing
Rain- It is raining/ It's raining
Read -> He is reading/He's reading

Negative
Examples:
Subject+am not/isn't/aren't+verb(ing)+complements.
I'm not studying
You aren't reading
He isn't playing
It isn't raining
They aren't working

Question
Examples:
Is/are/am+subject+verb(ing)+complements
Are you writing a book?
Is she reading a newspaper?
Are they swimming in the sea?

One of the use of present continuous is for actions for what are happening now, these actions began before now and will continue after now.

Sometimes phrases and words are common with the use of present continuous tense. Here are some of them:
He's studying right now.
You're playing at the moment.
They're reading just now.



Past simple

This tense is used for express an action started and finish in past.
Past simple use the second column of the irregular verbs.

Affirmative
Examples:
I found the phone under the table.
You travelled with your family.
He played the piano.
She crashed with the car.
They drank bear a lot.


Negative
For do the negative use the verb do in past and the verb in infinitive.
Examples:
I didn't buy this  car.
You didn't play football.
He didn't sell the sunglasses.
They didn't win the tennis tournament.


Questions
For do the questions first put the verb do in past, then the subject and then the other verb in infinitive.
Examples:
Did you send the letter?
Did he write the description?
Did they sing the song?

Time expressions

last week
last year
yesterday
before
month ago


Will

We use the verb will when pretend make predictions and we aren't sure do this or decisions.
Time expressions:
next year
maybe/perhaps
probably
in the future
Positive:
subject+will+infinitive+complement.
I will play the piano the next year.
Negative:
subject+won't+infinitive+complement.
I won't work this year.
Questions:
will+subject+infinitive+complementt?
Will you go to the pool?

Going to


We use the verb going to for make plans.
Time expressions:
on Monday
in a year
tomorrow
next day
...

Positive:
subject+to be+going to+infinitive+complements
I'm going to see the beach.
Negative:
subject+to be(not)+going to+infinitive+complement
He isn't going to play  with his cousin tomorrow
Questions:
to be+subject+going to+ infinitive+complements
Are you going to win the others competitions?

No comments:

Post a Comment